
I've been contemplating the idea for the past couple days, and I've decided to participate in the 2010 Debut Author Challenge, hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren. The general idea? To read a set amount of Young Adult/Middle Grade novels published in 2010 by debut authors. My personal goal is 20, as I've hit the stream late and only have 8 months to participate.
I put together a list of a few of the books I want to read, which will grow sometime along the lines. But, for now, here's my list:
1. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson. (Published by Dial; March 9, 2010)
2. Voices of Dragons by Carrie Vaughn. (Published by HarperTeen; March 16, 2010)
3. The Snowball Effect by Holly Nicole Hoxter. (Published by Laura Geringer Book; March 23, 2010)
4. The Thirteen Treasures by Michelle Harrison. (Published by Little Brown and Company; April 12, 2010)
5. The Karma Club by Jessica Brody. (Published by Farrar, Straus and Giroux; April 27, 2010)
6. Change of Heart by Shari Maurer. (Published by WestSide Books; April 28, 2010)
7. Restoring Harmony by Joëlle Anthony. (Published by Putnam Juvenile; May 13, 2010)
8. Sea by Heidi R. Kling. (Published by Putnam Juvenile; June 10, 2010)
9. The Absolute Value of -1 by Steve Brezenoff. (Published by Carolrhoda; September 1, 2010)
2. Voices of Dragons by Carrie Vaughn. (Published by HarperTeen; March 16, 2010)
3. The Snowball Effect by Holly Nicole Hoxter. (Published by Laura Geringer Book; March 23, 2010)
4. The Thirteen Treasures by Michelle Harrison. (Published by Little Brown and Company; April 12, 2010)
5. The Karma Club by Jessica Brody. (Published by Farrar, Straus and Giroux; April 27, 2010)
6. Change of Heart by Shari Maurer. (Published by WestSide Books; April 28, 2010)
7. Restoring Harmony by Joëlle Anthony. (Published by Putnam Juvenile; May 13, 2010)
8. Sea by Heidi R. Kling. (Published by Putnam Juvenile; June 10, 2010)
9. The Absolute Value of -1 by Steve Brezenoff. (Published by Carolrhoda; September 1, 2010)
I'll adjust the list as it changes and add links to reviews once I get them up.
-SilverLining
P.S. Is Rush on board?
P.P.S. Are YOU participating this year?
im thinking of participating also good luck! :)
ReplyDelete