
A timeless story rediscovered by each new generation, The Diary of a Young Girl stands without peer. For both young readers and adults it continues to capture the remarkable spirit of Anne Frank, who for a time survivied the worst horror the modern world has seen-- and who remained triumphantly and heart-breakingly human thoughout her whole ordeal.*
This has been one of my favorites since I was nine years old. It is one of the most touching books I have ever read, and shows adolescence perfectly. With 7 other people living with her in a confined space, threatened with death each and every day for over two years, she satys totally and completely strong, and still loves the world. I adored it the first time, and the second time. This is the first time I have read the definitive edition, though, and I have to say some paragraphs were left out in the original with good reason. She goes pretty far into adult things, and it made me uncomfortable at a couple points. It was a very good book, because you can see that she is truly trying to do the right thing, even when everyone around her is falling apart. I recommend it, but I wouldn't be reading it (at least, the definitve edition of it) until I was older.
Rating- 8.5/10
Age Range- 12+
Genre- Autobiography
Publication Date: March 1996
Publisher: Anchor Books
*summary from back of book
-Rush1720
No comments:
Post a Comment